Wednesday 8 August 2012

Lashes 3 & 4



Today I bring you two mascaras from my excessive collection. Also, I realised that although I own twelve mascaras, some of them are double-ups so there won't  be twelve reviews. That would just be silly.

First up - Benefit's They're Real! mascara.

This is another mascara that I did actually purchase. It is a bit pricier than the others I have shown so far, especially if you buy it here in Australia. The Benefit cosmetics website in America ships to Australia now and their prices are much more affordable especially if you spend enough to may qualify for free shipping. It might be worth a look if you are a fan of Benefit. This mascara is good but it is not quite as good at separating and defining the lashes as the Maybelline One by One and it also doesn't add quite as much length but They're Real! adds volume for sure. I quite like this mascara. It's hard to say whether I like One by One or They're Real! better though. They're Real! creates a blacker, thicker lash look and One by One creates a long, black, separated lash look as far as I can tell with my untrained eye.
Benefit They're Real! mascara.
Second today is Revlon's - Grow Luscious by Fabulash
The Revlon - Grow Luscious mascara is more 'lightweight' and subtle on my already-dark lashes than the other mascaras I've tried so far.  Supposedly it contains ingredients that help your lashes grow healthier and stronger but as I don't use this one often I can't say that I have noticed any improvement. If you want a natural, subtle sort of look then this mascara might be one you'd like. I don't think I'd buy it again myself as I don't find it particularly amazing but it is not horrible.
Revlon Grow Luscious by Fabulash mascara.

The score card (in my personal opinion) now reads -

First Place - Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Satin Black
Second Place - Benefit They're Real!
Third Place - Revlon Grow Luscious by Fabulash
Fourth Place - Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express

Still a few more to follow soon and I'm working on a collage with all of the mascaras together for an overall comparison too.




1 comment:

  1. "not horrible" = lol!! I like Benefit - I had their BADgirl mascara for a while, it was good. I like mascaras that make my eyelashes look very black and very thick, without being too clumpy, and it fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete