Monday 6 August 2012

Lashes 2 ... Electric Boogaloo


Continuing on with my mascara 'reviews', Caroline asked if I own 'that Maybelline one that is supposed to look like false lashes'. I do own Maybelline 'Falsies' but the one I've seen in TV ads the most lately is the 'Falsies Flared'. I don't have this 'Flared' one and at this stage I definitely don't need to buy it. (Maybe I can win one? I've entered the facebook competition already of course.)




So today I present Maybelline's 'The Falsies Volum' Express' mascara. From memory, this is one that I did actually buy but unfortunately it isn't one of my favourites. I would describe it as 'clumpier' and less smooth to apply. It doesn't seem to separate the lashes as nicely as the 'One by One' does. I find that the 'One by One' adds more length too. I've added the 'One by One' photo from the other day below the 'Falsies' photo for comparison.



Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express mascara before & after
Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express



Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Satin Black mascara before and after
Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Satin Black

The score card (in my personal opinion) currently reads -

First Place - Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Satin Black
Second Place - Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express

More to follow soon.




2 comments:

  1. You are right. The One by One mascara is better. Thanks for taking my request! p.s. you have pretty eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! You're lovely! x

    ReplyDelete